Sunday, October 6, 2013

Maura has acquired a new skill!  One day she got herself dressed for school and said: "Look mom, I can tie my own shoes!"  I didn't even know she was learning to do it!  Evidently there is a tying center at school and she has spent some time doing it.


She says she doesn't like school, but she is doing so well and is always excited to learn.  She is an emerging reader and loves to try and read.  It's a little annoying sometimes!  At night I sit in bed and read and she will lie by me and go to sleep.  A couple of nights ago she was sitting next to me and over my shoulder trying to read.  I was having a hard time focusing because she was sounding out these enormous words (about, something, everywhere, enough...etc.) and I couldn't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment